Nine influenza prevention council, pneumonia and the « mysterious Chinese pneumonia »
- Take care of your diet, choose a healthy and balanced diet including the 5 food groups, exercise regularly and get enough rest. Drink mineral water.
- Wear a mask when you are in public or near sick people (especially if they cough or sneeze).
- Wash your hands regularly, clean them with a special alcohol-based gel and avoid touching dirty objects before eating.
- Refrain from smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Avoid areas where the air is very polluted or dusty.
- Do not share items such as handkerchiefs or cutlery with other people and avoid sharing your meals with people who have contracted the flu or colds.
- Avoid traveling to regions or countries in which outbreaks are known or even suspected. If travel is unavoidable, you should wear a mask when other people are present.
- Make sure you get the flu shot every year, as it is still a common virus that can cause various unpleasant complications.
- Children and the elderly in particular should be vaccinated against pneumonia, as this can reduce the risk of disease by up to 75%.